7.05.2011

Happy 4th of July Everyone!
fyi: R and I didn't get any pictures of the weekend... turns out the camera doesn't work so great if you don't have your battery. Oops.

R and I drove on down to sweet little Bear Lake for the holiday
It was as comforting and beautiful as ever
We arrived at my favorite home Friday. As soon as we unpacked R and I headed outside and started..... yard work. Yes yard work, and it was wonderful. For some reason I love any sort of yard work. Mowing, weed-eating, weeding, tree trimming, gardening, all of it. And I especially love working at my home. While we worked every car that drove by game me a friendly wave, even though we moved away 7 years ago. It makes my heart smile that people in Paris still remember me and still wave and give me a smile. We fixed up the yard and I will say it looks great. I just wish we could live there all summer long and fix it up and make it bright and shiny.

Saturday R + I went to visit some friends on the lake. Guess what. The lake is FULL! It hasn't been that full in about 8 years. Such a happy site. We went boating and swimming and relaxed in the sun. Great company and great scenery.

The rest of the weekend was taken up with family family and more family. We had a full house with tons of screaming/giggling nieces + nephews and brothers + sisters. We played games. We BBQed. We rocked the Paris parade, we hiked to Bloomington Lake. [well we didn't get quite to the lake since there was still 5 feet of snow on the ground and the lake was FROZEN OVER! It's a good thing it's July right] We made a midnight trip to eat at the Ranch Hand [a very delicious + famous truck stop] where we somehow managed to hit a skunk on the way home making R throw up a total of 4 times while Kenny and I continued to laugh for 10 minutes straight.

When everyone packed up for home Monday afternoon we barely made it back in time to see Idaho Fall's fireworks. We were so close we were pretty much directly under the sky show. Now only did we get to see the fireworks, but we also got rained on with all the firework remains. That's what you get when you have such awesome seats.

It was such a great and relaxing weekend. I am so grateful to live in the country and have the blessings of freedom and the opportunity to shape my life into something wonderful. Thank God for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

3 comments:

Rae said...

That sounds so fun! I'm SO SAD I didn't get to go up. :( I was seriously so torn but I felt like such crap Sunday morning, the thoughts of being in the car for 2-3 hours just did not sound appealing at all. I'm super sad I couldn't go to the lake and especially see you!

charlieymichelle said...

Im sad that i missed you guys! one of these days I will meet your hubby. we will be back at Christmas so i better see you then.

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

awe, boo to the non-battery but other than that things sounded amazing lades! i miss yard work and gardening so much. it truly is so gratifying when you accomplish what you set out to do.

the fireworks cap off would have been spectacular. cheers to country good times.

um, field full of flowers below blows my mind!!!!!!! awesome sunnies you two! ♥