12.10.2009

Bear LaKe


After our drive from St. George to Provo, Ry and I headed to Bear Lake. I've been gone for so long, but I still get excited when I see the lake driving through Logan canyon. Thanksgiving was definitely more quiet this year, but it was nice to be home. During the week in St. George and especially in BL we played my sisters Wii like crazy. It's a little embarrassing to say that my arm was really sore by the end of the week.
One thing we always do in BL over Thanksgiving is getting Christmas trees. We hiked up Paris canyon past the ice caves and found our little baby. We had to get 5 trees this year. I will say this is the first time the I picked out the BL tree. Todd usually does the honors, but my choice this time was beautiful! That's right Todd.
I know this Thanksgiving wasn't quite what I was expecting it would be, but I'm thankful I went. I'm thankful for brothers and sisters that I can look up to. Who are spiritual giants who help me get through and know what I need to do. I'm thankful for a mom who tries so hard to make us all happy. I love her so much. I'm also thankful for my dad. I miss him so much and look forward to the day when we can all be together and party again. I'm thankful to be a part of this family.


Getting fancy in the drive up to get Christmas trees

Ryley cutting our baby down





Pretty maids all in a row

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That sounds fun picking out a REAL tree. we only have a teeny tiny fake one....

Brooke said...

My trees are gorgeous this year. I think our big one might be our best ever. Or at least it was until it fell over and the top got bent:)